Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Darkness Inside

I write this blog through my experience with a few men in my life who have given me advice on how to treat the world around me...

He was screaming again...
What with the demoralizing and degrading hurtful words to her...
Jealous over nothing as usual...
The childish and immature tone not akin to a grown man's tantrum...

Somewhere along the derogatory words and dehumanizing nonsense...
A woman is now a little less of herself...
Lost in the exploitation of love and blind loyalty, she was trapped in emotional abuse...
I listened against my will how he tore down his woman with words...

He was giving me advice again...
His stories of infidelity and sexual exploits...
Telling me how they should not be taken seriously...
Loyalty ...
It's better to be the predator than the prey...

He was tempting me again...
How dishonesty can lead to success...
And how the people you destroy will push you up...
How you cheat and steal is the only way...

I have felt this darkness in my heart...
This undying rage that they have instilled in me...
Has slowly crept out...
Bleeding my humanity...

The choices I made in life...
It has given me a path unlike theirs...
A path of self-righteousness...
That will stop me from being just like them...

I am not like them...
I can never be one of them...
I am me...

5 comments:

Take It From Me Girls said...

Great Blog! We are your newest follower. Come follow us and check out our Welcome Wednesday!

Jaime & Kristin
Take It From Me: http://takeitfrom-me.blogspot.com/

Busy Working Mama said...

Hi! Following your blog and you on twitter from Friday Follow! I host reviews/giveaways at:

http://www.busyworkingmama.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/busyworkingmama

Letherton said...

here from FF
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

Chronic Chick Talk said...

Another Great Poem. Such great meaning.

zarahbabe said...

I love this poem and I can soo relate.:-) I hope you can also follow me. I'd love to have people like you in my page :-)

http://zarahinpublic.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails