Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Stranger

Did you meet me once in a desert bloom
Or once upon a midnight moon

In starcrossed lands and distant skies
In times lost and days passed by

In moments unforgiving
I paid with the cost of living

I've lost you somewhere along my journey
Along the flaws of my broken memory

I have sought your footsteps in my past
Hoping the memories of you would last

In frantic search of you I'm lost
I am so empty my soul a ghost

I know I will never find you here
And you will never care

I was too blind to see what meaning you had to me
Because some things were not meant to be

Maybe you will be forgotten
With time I will awaken

Someday I pray
That we will meet along the way

Hoping that our journey
Will go our way

That the memories of our past
Will go away at last

3 comments:

resistanCe said...

nice words...suprising me word by word

Karen Palero said...

I like he thought of this poem...coz somehow I can relate to it. Keep it up. ^_^

anythingvanessa said...

this is a nice poem.
hope you can visit my blog as well

Related Posts with Thumbnails