Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pause

Fast is the exact word to describe time now. The new age has been a twin of fast advancements. Card catalogues are out. Welcome search engines! Just a click and you have it. Goodbye to telegrams. Hello SMS! A blast of it will let all pals know what's going on. No need of posting memorandum on a public cork board. Sending it to the entire staff thru ms outlook is just as efficient.

People from different societal brackets are now "instant-lovers" - coffee, foods, shopping and the list goes on. Each tick of the clock is so quick that no one can afford to let it slip away. Having all the conveniences, if not all, most of us are always in a rush- meaning, shortening time to accomplish multitude of tasks for profit or for better rewards thought to be the tickets to unlocking our dreams - SUCCESS. Unfortunately, it has a revised meaning now, which is stability, comfort and convenience. Formerly, success was known to be contentment and happiness. That I know.

In the working environ where "deadline" is overused and almost lost its significance, people are chasing their dreams like superheroes. They move, talk, think, decide, invent, test, implement, and commit so fast. The overwhelming demands of the modern times have taken sleep and rest away from the present vocabulary in the consciousness. To get the task done, regardless of ways, has preoccupied the state of wakefulness. Be fast! No doubts there are some things left, if not less, un-attended at all.

Important dates. Greetings. Smile. Reflections. Just to name a few.

For all the complexities that may perplex us, I feel for a need to take a back. Not just to pose with fashion like angles of a cover boy or girl of vanity magazines. But, to spend time for self-assessment…simple questions as they appear….

Do I know my personal mission? Am I aware of my professional goal?
How many times did I think for others' welfare and subordinated mine?
Who am I? Do my partner know me?
What are my reasons of working? Are they worth it? What are my basis of its worth?
Are there changes in me? Do I need to change?
Were there times that I place myself in the shoe of the recipient of my email before clicking the send button?
Am I aware that there are several ways in saying things?
What are my roles -As a friend? As a family member? As an employee? As a stranger?

Guess, it is about time not just be part of the quick evolution of almost everything. To be fast is appreciated. Going beyond is needed. We need not just halt. Sometimes, we need to go back to basics. PAUSE and dig deeper - using the intellect of our soul and functionalities of our senses.

Not pose. Pause. Fast is the exact word to describe time now. The new age has been a twin of fast advancements. Card catalogues are out. Welcome search engines! Just a click and you have it. Goodbye to telegrams. Hello SMS! A blast of it will let all pals know what's going on. No need of posting memorandum on a public cork board. Sending it to the entire staff thru ms outlook is just as efficient.


People from different societal brackets are now "instant-lovers" - coffee, foods, shopping and the list goes on. Each tick of the clock is so quick that no one can afford to let it slip away. Having all the conveniences, if not all, most of us are always in a rush- meaning, shortening time to accomplish multitude of tasks for profit or for better rewards thought to be the tickets to unlocking our dreams - SUCCESS. Unfortunately, it has a revised meaning now, which is stability, comfort and convenience. Formerly, success was known to be contentment and happiness. That I know.

In the working environ where "deadline" is overused and almost lost its significance, people are chasing their dreams like superheroes. They move, talk, think, decide, invent, test, implement, and commit so fast. The overwhelming demands of the modern times have taken sleep and rest away from the present vocabulary in the consciousness. To get the task done, regardless of ways, has preoccupied the state of wakefulness. Be fast! No doubts there are some things left, if not less, un-attended at all.

Important dates. Greetings. Smile. Reflections. Just to name a few.

For all the complexities that may perplex us, I feel for a need to take a back. Not just to pose with fashion like angles of a cover boy or girl of vanity magazines. But, to spend time for self-assessment ... simple questions as they appear….

Do I know my personal mission? Am I aware of my professional goal?
How many times did I think for others' welfare and subordinated mine?
Who am I? Do my partner know me?
What are my reasons of working? Are they worth it? What are my basis of its worth?
Are there changes in me? Do I need to change?
Were there times that I place myself in the shoe of the recipient of my email before clicking the send button?

Am I aware that there are several ways in saying things?
What are my roles -As a friend? As a family member? As an employee? As a stranger?

Guess, it is about time not just be part of the quick evolution of almost everything. To be fast is appreciated. Going beyond is needed. We need not just halt. Sometimes, we need to go back to basics. PAUSE and dig deeper - using the intellect of our soul and functionalities of our senses.

Not pose. Pause.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails